dilluns, 2 de març del 2009

COMMON MISTAKES.

Always, when we do our texts, we make mistakes. There are a lot of common mistakes with us, so I will put some of them.
Sometimes, we can confuse these words: dead (the adjective), died (the noun) and death (the verb). For example, died people it’s incorrect, we must put dead people. It was a common mistake in Frankenstein’s exam. I think that I was one of the persons who did this mistake.
Like the previous mistake, we confuse life (the noun) with live (the verb), and I think that I’m one of the persons who did this mistake too! We must have clear that the plural of life is lives.
Another common mistake with us is the demostratives. Sometimes we change this with these, for example this investigations it’s incorrect, and we must put these investigations.
When we expose our opinions, sometimes, we did this mistake: I’m agree with…, and we must put I agree with. I recognize that I was one of the persons that did this mistake, but I use it usually, so I think that I improved this mistake. Now, when I write something I remember it, and I don’t do this mistake.
At the beginning, when we didn’t know anything about the connecting files, we put “on the one hand”, and now, we know that we must put,” on the other hand”, because usually, we use this connector and we know a little bit more about connecting files.
Well, I think that these mistakes are the more important that we did in this second term, and we commented in class, so I decided to do a revision to improve more all these mistakes.

1 comments:

Gemma ha dit...

Good point, Laura, and good topic to talk about if it helps you remember all that!

But don't get confused: "on the one hand" is correct if followed by "on the other hand".

Try not to "do" mistakes, but "make" mistakes.

CU in class!