dissabte, 8 de novembre del 2008

THIRTEEN & ADRIAN MOLE.

About the life of the two teenagers, I think that Tracy, it's harder than Adrian Mole.
Tracy at the begining of the film, was a really good student, she had two friends, a normal friends, but later, she began to go with Evie, a false friend, because she was involved in drugs, smoke, alcohol... but Adrian, didn't change during the book. Adrian was a typical adolescent, with his problems in house, with his spots, with girlfriends... Adrian was an hypocondriac, a shy person who had bulling at school, trough the fault of Barry Kent, that hurt him.
Both have one common problem, the divorce of their parents.
Tracy, during the film suffered saveran changes, like passing of dressing as a 13-year-old girl to dress as one of 19, consuming drugs, smoking, and the worst thing: cutting herself. Tracy was anorexic.
I think that if Evie didn't appear in the Tracy's life, Tracy didn't change, because the only that Tracy wants, was be like Evie, a very beautiful girl that the boys were behind yours and have many boyfriends to choose, but the plan to being a popular girl, proved badly.
I don't know anybody who has gone through the same experiences, but if I'll see someone, I'll help him in everything that he need:)
I disagree with the sentence "If you're not that way, you're nothing", because someone can be a kind person even if he isn't a fashion victim.
I think that you don't have to do a thing that you never will do to be friend of another people, who in the end, will be harmful for you.
I don't think that Tracy is a fashion victim, I think that she does it to be a friend of Evie, like stole a purse and then bought a lot of clothes with her friends.
I think that Thirteen is a shocking film because see that a girl of thirteen years old is changing to bad, and it's starting to go with "bad" people, isn't very agreeable...
The most shocking of the film for me was when Tracy began to cut herself. I think that you must be very bad to do things like that.
Finally, I have liked both, the book and the film.
In comparision, I think that they are different points of view to see the adolescence. Thirteen it's harder than Adrian Mole, but both have problems of the adolescenthood.

1 comments:

17iLuvU1901 ha dit...

Tracy started cutting herself because she became depressed. She would do anything to be just like Evie. But, you're right, "if you're not that way, you're nothing" isn't always a good thing. I always say, just be yourself. =D